Ohhhh, Canada! From July 10-13, we’ll land in the Quebec city of cappuccinos and Gallic caprice for the 2nd annual CN@MCC, our annual summer gathering at North America’s biggest contemporary circus festival, Montreal Completement Cirque.
Come on up for four days of sun-dappled circus shows, conversations, tours, parties, picnics, and just plain old hanging out, all in the service of helping us connect as a North American circus community, while getting an inside look at the inner workings of a real circus capital. (Read about Montreal & circus in the Boston Globe.)
Show highlights this year including:
- an exclusive creation for the 5th anniversary of the festival by Montreal stalwarts, 7 doigts de la main.
- a focus on the circus of France, some of the most highly-regarded circus in the world
- Chicago-based Midnight Circus, the first American circus to play the festival
- a “street of circus,” with numerous outdoors performances
With a CN@MCC pass, you’ll also get:
- Inside-peak tours of the city’s circus installations
- Community conversations including Montreal-based circus artists and thinkers, and members of the US community
- A special “circus-style” walking tour of Montreal’s famous Mile End neighborhood
- Networking events for circus professionals
- a Saturday night CN after–party, with a small amount of sound, to make sure you sleep on the plane home
CLICK HERE for the complete CN@MCC2 schedule.
We’re especially excited to be coordinating this year’s CN@MCC to coincide with the annual convention of the Circus Historical Society, America’s most knowledgable collection of circus experts and fans, to help build some bridges between the circus of the past and today.
- CN@MCC PASS / $75 / Access to all CN hosted events and discounts (Show tickets not included.)
Discounts available to CN Pro members (50%) and Basic Members (30%). To become a member of Circus Now, click here.
We’d hugely appreciate it. Your membership allows us to exist.
Our goal is to make it possible for everyone to participate, regardless of age or income. To help, we’ve arranged for special deals for housing and rideshares. For details on transportation and housing, click here.
Also, we’re always looking for volunteers, and please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions. E-mail our event captain, Ariel Schmidtke.
Come connect to a community, make some new pals with your passion, and discover new possibilities for circus as art.
A bientot! (See you soon!)
Feedback from last year’s CN@MCC:
“A million thank yous to Circus Now for putting it all together! We started coming to Montreal for the Circus Festival four years ago, and this was the best year yet because of the great schedule Circus Now created!” – Bones Newstead
“Circus Now Team – Thank you so much for making our Completement Cirque in Montreal so special. The 5 days of events were fantastic. I really enjoyed hanging out and seeing shows with, what I coined, ‘my circus posse.’ The folder was well put together and invaluable, the tours were fun, plus the T-shirt – score!!” – Holly Newstead
Special thanks to Montreal Completement Cirque, the Tohu, the Ecole Nationale de Cirque, and Cirque du Soleil