At Circus Now, we support art and the greater fight for arts in America, and, if you’re an artist or even a fan of art, we hope you support it too. To help you plug in, we’ve teamed up with the Arts Action Fund, the organizing wing of Americans for the Arts, the US’s biggest arts advocacy campaign, to help the community stay plugged into the larger arts debate.
By joining Circus Now, you’ll automatically receive an e-mail offering you the possibility of joining within a month or two of your Circus Now membership (new members are added on a quarterly basis). Being a member won’t cost you anything. If you choose to join, you’ll receive updates about the latest news in the fight for the arts in America and the ability to vote the Arts Action Fund’s legislative policy platforms.
More importantly, you’ll lend your voice to the growing number of people who believe that art and culture is an important and necessary part of living a full life, and that the government should play an active role in supporting a vigorous cultural life.
Below is information about the Arts Action Fund. If you have any questions, please don’t hestitate to write us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to join the movement to advance the arts and arts education across the country.
About the Arts Action Fund
The Arts Action Fund is a 501(c)(4) nonprofit membership organization affiliated with Americans for the Arts, the nation’s leading nonprofit organization for advancing the arts in America. Launched in 2004, the Arts Action Fund seeks to engage citizens in education and advocacy in support of the arts and arts education. The Arts Action Fund’s goals are to:
Enlist and mobilize 1 million citizen activists who will help ensure that public and private resources are maximized and that arts-friendly public policies are adopted at the federal, state, and local levels.
Policy goals like these:
- Increased public funding for nonprofit arts organizations in order to better serve their communities.
- Ensure that every child has the opportunity for a comprehensive, high quality arts education in grades K-12.
- Nurture an environment to allow individuals and families affordable access to all forms of the arts.
The work of the Arts Action Fund involves four primary components:
- Educate elected officials, candidates, the media, and citizens on how the arts enrich us by creating better students, better schools, and better communities.
- Provide advocacy training on the federal, state, and local levels—involving our extensive arts advocacy infrastructure and network to help educate and train individual arts advocates and local organizations.
- Evaluate Members of Congress—assessing and rating their voting records on high-priority arts issues and holding them accountable to their constituencies of arts supporters.
- Galvanize the voice of the public—aggressively petitioning to shape public policy for the arts and arts education.
STAND UP FOR THE ARTS IN AMERICA
Here’s how you can help:
Spread the word and share what you’ve found with your friends. You can even customize the message, if you’d like.
Two minutes! That’s all it takes to tell Congress to support the arts and arts education.
Help the Arts Action Fund advance the arts and arts education – in your community and across the country.